Pre-Cut Eave/Rake Starter Strips Are One Of The Most Overlooked Parts Of A Roofing System!
That’s because some contractors try to use a cut-up strip shingle as the “starter” course on your roof. Unfortunately, cut-up shingles may not have properly positioned adhesive to ensure adequate wind resistance.
Using a pre-cut eave/rake starter strip will:
- Provide a cost-effective alternative to using cut-up shingles as your starter course
- Include a high-quality, properly positioned adhesive that will tightly lock your shingles in place to help prevent blow-off
- Be easy to use and install, with no cutting on the roof
Pro-Start™ Eave/Rake Starter Strip is a key part of the GAF Lifetime Roofing System and has even earned the prestigious Good Housekeeping Seal. (See Details)
Product Specifications (Nominal)
- ICC-ES 1475 (See Details)
- Dade County Approved
- Meets ASTM D3462 (See Details) , D3018
- UL 790 Class A fire rating
- Florida Building Code approved
- (full sheet) 13" x 38"
- (half sheet) 6.5" x 38"
- 19 full sheets (38 individual pieces)
Coverage Per Bundle
- Approx. 120.33 linear ft (when split in half)
Homeowner’s Best Choice
- Looks Better…
Straighter roof edges and no messy black cement dripping onto your new white edge metal
- Best Performance…
Factory-applied Dura Grip™ Adhesive helps to lock down the roof edges at the eaves and rakes
- Peace Of Mind...
GAF tests show that using starter strips at the eaves and rakes helps to prevent blow-offs and potential leaks
- Superior Warranties…
GAF offers increased wind coverage on many shingles when you use starter strips. They are also covered by up to a Lifetime ltd. warranty when installed on Lifetime Shingle roofs. (See Details)
Professional’s Best Choice
- Saves You Time & Labor…
No more wasted time (or material) cutting your own starter strips - allows you to offer greater homeowner value
- Easier For Installers…
71% more coverage per bundle (versus using strip shingles) means less to carry and handle on the roof
Perforated design eliminates cutting
- Environmentally Friendly...
Reduces landfill waste by eliminating shingle scraps